Endy Sleep is looking for a Senior Accountant for a three month contract to join our finance team. As a Senior Accountant, you will gain exposure to working with individuals from functional areas within the company. Your technical expertise and understanding of accounting will help our Executive Management team identify key growth opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with the preparation of weekly and monthly financial reporting.
- Prepare account reconciliations and clear any reconciling items.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Preparation of month-end accruals.
- Assist with processing of invoices
- GST / HST / QST monthly filing.
- Ensure adherence to internal control processes, accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with various ad-hoc requests.
- Investigate and implement new technologies to improve efficiency and accuracy
Who you are:
- 2-3 years’ experience in a finance department role with account reconciliation and accounting experience
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting, business administration or related study
- Ideally working through the CPA program
- Extremely detail oriented with a proven ability to effectively manage and prioritize work flow
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership in their work
- Ability to carry out assigned projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Advanced in MS Excel and a good understanding of MS Office Suite
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive.
- Must love sleep!
Applicants with cover letter will only be considered